Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Dublin, Day 2

Last night we went to see where Lizzie is staying. It was nice for a dormish place. Then we walked to McDonald's to be cheap. My dad paid and spent probably 30 US dollars on our meal, not as cheap as Texas. I got a happy meal. The toy is "Night at the Museum" so probably the same as the US?

*****
This morning we went to the city center and got on a hop-on/hop-off tour bus. We went to St. Patrick's cathedral, the Guinness storehouse, Ha'Penny Bridge, and the National Museum. Not in that order... we ate a Chocolate/Guinness muffin there at Guinness...as well as tasting the beer. "eh" says Emily while making a sour face. I was trying to be festive and drink some, but that stuff is just not for me.

We saw some REALLY old stuff in the museum, like from 2000 B.C. It blew my mind. Most disturbing, we saw some mummified bodies older than Jesus complete with hair and fingernails. WEIRD.

By the end of the day, I was feeling like a zombie and was tired. Hopefully I will lose 10 pounds from all this walking.

xoxo
Em

No comments:

Post a Comment