Sunday, June 14, 2009

The Rest of London!

I've been so tired, I haven't been blogging. Here are some of the things we've done since my last post:
-Sat in on court in House of Parliament... House of Commons I think? Yes, they wore wigs.
-Tour of Westminster Abbey. Man, there are lots of people buried in there.
-Tour of Winston Churchill's hideout during War and Museum. This was very interesting and the museum part was very modern and interactive- I would recommend it!
-Trafalgar's Square, took pics with the lions but they didn't work... daddy was taking it on his iphone and apparently did not know what he was doing. :/ oh well.
-Walked by Buckingham Palace, our new residence. *See facebook photo
-Tower of London. Super crowded that day. There is a newish sculpture at the scaffold sight. At least it was new since I was there in 2001. Once again, I felt no paranormal activity in the Bloody Tower or anywhere else. Bummer, I was looking forward to channeling Anne Boleyn. ;)
-H&M!!! The one right next to our hotel is WAY better than the one we visited in Dublin. I got some new cute shirts. YAY.
-Sitting/Walking around in Kensington Gardens/Hyde Park. Kensington Gardens is my favorite.
-Prince Albert Memorial
-Tower Bridge... Daddy walked across but we just took a picture in front.
-The Texas Embassy- TexMex in London. It was actually pretty good. We think we could pick out at least one other group of Texans in there... but didn't ask. You also had to pay for your second round of chips and salsa... but we didn't need it anyway.
-Harrod's- ridiculous. There were fur protesters outside. It was SOOoooooooooooooooo crowded. It took us a while to find the big bank of escalators...the ones all egyptianized. We rode up and down the escalators and looked at things, but didn't buy anything. The little memorial of Princess Di and Dodi or whatever his name is was still there. The wine glass looks like it's growing things from the last time I saw it in '01. We randomly stopped on the children's floor. It blows my mind that people really buy that expensive of clothing for their children that are going to grow out of it in a month. I can understand special occasions but that's about it.
-Lunch with the Barnsley's at Nandos. We met up with my good friend Holly who lives with her husband, Ellis, and son in Wolverhampton. Holly and I have known each other since we were five. I LOVED getting to spend time with Baby Dylan.
-Platform 9 3/4- I was SO excited to take a picture here. I know they actually filmed the scene at like Platform 4. I was going to take a picture in a phone booth pretending to go through the muggle entrance to the Ministry of Magic but all the ones that were not crowded around looked to nasty to go in. We shall see... there's still tomorrow morning.

That's all I can think of at the moment. I'm sure I'll think of something else interesting and can add it later.

We're headed back tomorrow. Not looking forward to the boring flight. I am excited to get back to my own bed but will miss the London atmosphere.

ciao.
em

No comments:

Post a Comment